MCCI Board Meeting

Thursday, November 18, 2021, 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm
Zoom
A meeting of the MCCI Board

Meeting of MCCI Board

Members: (Quorum)

  • Absent: Joshua Bell, Treasurer
  • Present: Dana Faldasz, Clerk, at 6:00 PM
  • Present: Mike Langknecht, President, at 6:00 PM
  • Present: Raymond Sebold, at 6:00 PM

Also Present:

  • Deirdre Pleasant
  • Dean Garvin
  • Hannah Brookman
  • Kat O'brien
  • Andrew Ritchie

See original Agenda Approved Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened: 6:00 PM

Meeting closed: 8:00 PM

  1. Meeting Preliminaries

    • Meeting Opened / Attendance Taken (see above).

    • No minutes to approve.

  2. Administrative Business

    • 1: Treasurer's Report

      General Discussion...
      *Karen to follow up with Josh re: pertinent reports required from treasurer.
      *Deirdre to follow up with Karen re: treasurer/accountant reports to be uploaded to website.

      1. MCCI_2021_PL_budget_vs-_Actual_.pdf
    • 2: Staff / Equipment Report

      General Discussion...
      *Discussed purchase of the following:
      *New computer for edit station
      *New Producer laptop.
      *New HVAC cost if we decide to stay at current location.

      MOTION, moved by Raymond Sebold, seconded by Dana Faldasz: Appointed Andrew Ritchie as new board member.

      Pass: Aye: Dana Faldasz, Mike Langknecht, Raymond Sebold. Abstain: Andrew Ritchey. Not Present: Joshua Bell.

      1. MCTV_Vision.odt
      2. MCTV_Staff_Report_8-20-21_thru_11-18-21.pdf
  3. Old Business

    • 2: Bilingual Outreach

      General Discussion...
      *Discussed Kat implementing new bilingual program for MCTV.
      *Research possibility of grant funding for bilingual and educational programming.
      *Kat looking into paraphrase program to determine if annual fee for software is cost effective.

    • 3: Annex Building

      General Discussion...
      *Discussed pros and cons of relocating to Annex.
      *Mike awaiting response from Walter regarding our contractual agreement with town on whether or not they can charge MCTV for rent space.

  4. New Business

    • 2: MCTV Visioning

      General Discussion...
      *See Vision file under staff report

    • 2: Strategic Planning

      General Discussion...
      *Discussed collaboration with local venues for large productions/Meetings outside studio
      ie: The Shea Theatre, Fast Lights, GCTV & other local PEG stations.
      * Cross training producers on editing, multi shoot set ups & Castus server knowledge.
      *Discussed implementation of new summer film camp for kids.
      *In house Training on camera techniques to improve video quality including sound.

    • 3: MCTV Station Hours

      General Discussion...
      *Dean reviewing station hours and opening back up to the public after reducing studio time due to Covid.

    • 4: Review RFQ Town of Erving made to operate Community Access TV

      General Discussion...
      *Dean to contact Athol/Orange Community Access Station to review their contract with Town.

    • 5: Review goals /ojectives in By-laws and Town Contract

      General Discussion...
      *Discussed board obligation with Town contract.
      *Established board is meeting contractual requirements.

  5. Meeting Wrap-up

The listing of matters is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.

Minutes prepared by Deirdre

Minutes approved on Friday, Mar 11, 2022