MCCI Board Meeting

Thursday, July 21, 6:30 pm until 7:30 pm
Zoom
A meeting of the MCCI Board

Meeting of MCCI Board

Members: (Quorum)

  • Present: Dana Faldasz, President, at 6:30 PM
  • Present: Karen Siwicki, Treasurer, at 6:30 PM
  • Present: Raymond Sebold, at 6:30 PM

Also Present:

  • Dean Garvin
  • Deirdre Pleasant
  • Jason Burbank

See original Agenda Approved Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened: 6:30 PM

Meeting closed: 7:45 PM

  1. Meeting Preliminaries

  2. Administrative Business

    • 1: Treasurer's Report

      1. PL_Budget_vs_Actual_7-18-22.pdf
      2. Capital_Equipment_7-18-22.pdf
    • 2: Staff / Equipment Report

      General Discussion...
      *Dean to submit inventory for capitol equipment to Dana, Ray & Karen
      *Dean requested his weekly hours be discussed in executive session

      MOTION, moved by Raymond Sebold, seconded by Karen Siwicki: Motion approved for purchase of editors laptop for $2500.

      Pass: Aye: Raymond Sebold, Dana Faldasz, Karen Siwicki.

      MOTION, moved by Karen Siwicki, seconded by Raymond Sebold: Motion made to approve Liz Walber as a board member effective 7/21/22. Welcome aboard Liz!!.

      Pass: Aye: Raymond Sebold, Dana Faldasz, Karen Siwicki.

      1. MCTV_Staff_Report_6-10-22_thru_7-21-22.pdf
    • 3: Annual Budget 2022

      MOTION, moved by Raymond Sebold, seconded by Karen Siwicki: Motion approved to accept 2022 budget.

      Pass: Aye: Raymond Sebold, Dana Faldasz, Karen Siwicki.

  3. Old Business

    • 1: Bilingual Outreach

      General Discussion...
      *Ray to provide clear actionable tasks for bilingual outreach to staff.
      *Many attempts to make contacts over the past few years have been made with no outcome. Covid has also hindered this process

    • 2: Station Equipment: (Drone, editor laptop , editor station upgrade, gimbal, phone equipment)

      General Discussion...
      *Drone training for Dean & Deirdre scheduled for 7/27/22 with Chris Clawson
      *Dean researching prices for editors desktop monitor

    • 3: Bylaws - Jason to research if edits to bylaws need to be registered with the state

      General Discussion...
      *Jason advised it's not necessary to inform state of minor MCCI bylaw changes, but requests we notify CAC & Town of any changes made

    • 4: Brickhouse/Meghan

      General Discussion...
      *Brickhouse is currently closed until late August for youth programs due to lack of staff. We will reconvene with Meghan at that time to discuss coordination of potential future youth programs for Fall and hopefully incorporate a bilingual program as well.

  4. New Business

    • 3: MCTV Website/Meeting with Mik

      General Discussion...
      *Dean, Mik & Deirdre met at station for additional web training
      *Added most recent videos field to home page
      *Deirdre to discuss with Mik why reports aren't showing on website when board meeting opens
      (bug still needs to be fixed)

  5. Meeting Wrap-up

The listing of matters is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.

Minutes prepared by Deirdre

Minutes approved on Friday, Sep 16, 2022

Posted to: Board Meetings.