Meeting opened: 6:05 PM
Meeting closed: 7:26 PM
Meeting Opened / Attendance Taken (see above).
Minutes Approved: Tue, Feb 7 - MCCI Board Meeting
1: Staff Report
Town received capital check in August 2016 for $12,500. MCTV received notice of check in March of 2017. Dean will request check. Check will be received by Town every August.
Veronica suggested getting more volunteers for microphone running during Town Meeting. Also have Ray Godin prep people at table about microphone etiquette.
Kelley: Possibility of purchasing new mixer and wireless mic.
See attached report for more.
2: GMRSD Meeting Room Issues
See staff report
3: Treasurer's Report
Auditor is almost done with tax return
4: Taking and Gathering Minutes, both past and present
Dierdre might be interested. Invite her to Annual Meeting
5: Board Development
Mik will write letter to MR. Email to list. Post to FB. Ask Montague Catholic Social Ministries. Ask Leadership on Board if they host events at member orgs.
6: Equipment information - Report from community producer on new equipment available for meeting rooms
Kelley distributed printouts detailing specs on new Panasonic digital PTZ cameras, Panasonic PTZ controller, LiveStream mixer. Approx $44,000. Valley Communications.
7: Future Projects
Mike L floated the idea of taking over the old School Committee meeting space to use as additional MCTV meeting space. TF High School video class is moving to another room. SC will still meet there, and the "drop" will still be there. We would move in our own equipment.
MOTION, moved by Veronica Phaneuf, seconded by Mik Muller: We draft a proposal to submit to the school, requesting the assumption of control of the old video classroom, where the School Committee meets.
Pass: Aye: Mike Langknecht, Mik Muller, Veronica Phaneuf. Not Present: Dana Faldasz.
ML: Let's start with our requirements for access, use, and timing.
MM: We would need to have a contract.
DG: Should coincide with our contract w/ Town (10-years).
VP: Dean should be point-person for all communication.
DG: Sullivan seems amenable to the idea. We need a solid, consistent space for shoots.
ML: This is our room, and anytime they want to use it, we need MCTV staff there.
Minutes approved on Thursday, May 18, 2017
Posted to: Board Meetings.