• (413) 863-9200
  • Montague Community TV, 34 Second Street, Turners Falls, MA 01376

MCCI Board Meeting

Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm
34 Second Street, Turners Falls, MA
A meeting of the MCCI Board

Meeting of MCCI Board

Members: (Quorum)

  • Present: Michael Muller, at 6:10 PM
  • Present: Michael Langknecht, President, at 6:10 PM
  • Present: Dana Faldasz, Clerk, at 6:10 PM
  • Present: Ray Sebold, at 6:10 PM

Also Present:

  • Dean Garvin

See original Agenda Approved Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened: 6:10 PM

Meeting closed: 8:15 PM

  1. Meeting Preliminaries

  2. Regular Meeting Items

    • 1: Treasurer's Report

      General Discussion...
      i. Feedback from board/staff re: next year’s budget.
      ii. Veronica will create a chart of franchise fees over the years.

      MOTION, moved by Michael Muller, seconded by Dana Faldasz: Accept Treasurer's Report.

      Pass: Aye: Dana Faldasz, Michael Langknecht, Michael Muller, Ray Sebold, .

      1. MCCI_2018_Q3_Board_Reports.pdf
    • 2: Staff Report

      General Discussion...
      i. Lots of new project requests.
      ii. Talk of getting underwriters for projects—varied projects, not specific ones.
      iii. Dean will make list of producers for Christmas bonuses/gifts (vote to follow).

      1. MCTV_DRAFT_staff_report_8-10-18_thru_11-7-18.pdf
    • 3: Equipment Report

      General Discussion...
      i. New recorder working well, all other equipment functioning and in enough quantity.
      ii. Discussion of adding semi-permanent audio to HS auditorium.
      iii. Asset tagging of equipment? Document by serial number.

  3. Old Business

    • 1: Station Facilities: Old DPW Building

      General Discussion...
      a. Lot of work needed to meet state energy code.
      b. Would require separate plumbing / heating.
      c. Would take about 2 years to enact.
      d. Potential for sale rather than rent?
      e. Time frame plus financials may not be viable, perhaps financials could be mediated by a partner or grant funding? Space is large enough that sharing would be fine.

  4. New Business

    • 1: Station Policies on Producer Content (''Ownership'')

      General Discussion...
      i. Broadcast rights only for projects from third-party producers; however, people who are paid (as contractors) by MCTV give ownership of projects to MCTV.
      ii. Need policy regarding internet publishing for third-party producers. Concerns of piracy and online permanence at issue.

    • 2: Grievance Committee

      General Discussion...
      Tabled till next meeting

    • 3: Film Festival

      General Discussion...
      i. Start small—could grow from anything from PSAs to larger contests.
      ii. Would improve producer involvement.
      iii. Have judges from different local organizations.
      iv. Board will come up with criteria (and documentation, etc.) and drive project.
      v. Ray will begin working on documentation needed for contest (applications, policies, etc.)

    • 4: Splash Event

      General Discussion...
      i. Event with food, presentations, hellos.
      ii. Could include fundraising and board recruitment.
      iii. Send postcards to community with invites.
      iv. Potentially dovetail Splash Event with film contest; show top winners at Splash Event.

      1. MCTV_Splash_Event.txt
    • 5: Board Meetings Schedule - Mik will move that we return to monthly meetings, officially.

      General Discussion...
      i. Agree to start monthly (rather than quarterly) meetings beginning in January 2019
      ii. Next meeting date: January 23, 2019

  5. Meeting Wrap-up

The listing of matters is those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.

Minutes prepared by Dana Faldasz

Minutes approved on Tuesday, Mar 5, 2019

MCCI 2018-11-07 Minutes (2019-01-17 at 9:46 AM)

Posted to: Board Meetings